Officials in the town of Ridgefield, Connecticut are apologizing to residents after they say a “poor decision” was made in an attempt to dry a local baseball field. That choice? Pouring 24-gallons of gasoline onto the area and setting it on fire.
Apparently, a baseball game at Ridgefield High School was delayed due to weather conditions and someone decided torching the field was the way to go. It didn't work - and actually created about $50-thousand in damage. In fact, the field will now be closed for at least a week. Police are also investigating as there may be criminal charges filed.
video courtesy of YouTube