Anyone who’s worked in the service industry knows customers can be quite demanding. But apparently they can be quite dumb as well, and now some servers are spilling the beans to Buzzfeed.
A group of servers are sharing the dumbest things they’ve witnessed customers do, and some are so dumb they’re pretty unbelievable.They include:
- "I made an iced coffee for a lady who told me I'd done it wrong because she wanted the ice on the bottom, not floating at the top. I told her I was too busy to explain how science works."
- "I manage a pizza place, and my favorite complaint ever was when a customer asked if we made our pizzas 'under trees.' Not understanding, I asked for clarification. 'I said, 'Do you make your pizzas under trees?' There are leaves mixed in with my sauce.' They were basil leaves."
- "I worked at a BBQ restaurant in Texas, and everyday I was asked at least twice about the difference between pulled pork and chopped beef. When I knew I was gearing up to quit, I started to get mouthy and would respond, 'One went 'moo,' and the other went 'oink.'"
- "I once served a lady who was upset her White Zinfandel was pink."
- "My brother worked in a restaurant, and a lady ordered a garden salad and asked for it to be returned because it had 'too many leaves in it.'"
- "I used to work at Domino's, and one time a customer got raging mad and screamed at me for 45 minutes because their large pizza wasn't the same size as the one on the 2-by-6-foot poster on the wall."
- "I remember working the drive-thru in high school and someone asked me not to put too much ice in their water because they didn’t want it to get watered down."
- "One time a lady paid by card and then complained that I didn't give her her change."
- "Once, a man demanded that if any of our line cooks were female, they not be allowed to make his food because 'women don’t understand how to make a good steak.'"
photo: Getty Images