One of my favorite St. Patty's Day traditions is a nice Irish breakfast. My wife and I used to go to Doherty's on East Ave. in Pawtucket before it closed. Last year, we went to Murphy's in downtown Providence. THIS YEAR... I ordered all the Irish fixins' online at FoodIreland.com...and it came out GREAT. What you see in the photo above is:
- Two eggs over easy (They're brown because I cooked them in the same greasy pan as the meat. Not because I burned them.)
- One Banger (Irish sausage) (Procured locally at Stamp Egg Farm in Johnston, RI)
- One piece of White Pudding - A sausage made from pork, oats, barley, onion
- One piece of Blood Pudding (aka Black Pudding) - A sausage made from pork, oats, and Beef Blood (yum)
- One piece of Irish back bacon.
- (not pictured) One piece of Irish Brown Wheat Bread toast with Irish butter.
- A Guinness Extra Stout!
photo: Bill George