Gail Ciampa,the Food Editor for the Providence Journal just wrote a great feature about "21 Dining Adventures for Summer 2021." As we approach Memorial Day, it brought to mind some great reminders about the fun things that every Rhode Islander should do every summer, including ALL of those things we missed doing in 2020. I'm paraphrasing Gail's list here, but you can get her complete article by clicking here. In a nutshell, here are some of the awesome Rhody summer food experiences that I wholeheartedly endorse!
- Lobster rolls
- Waterfront dining
- Shop at a farm (Like Blackbird in Smithfield)
- Strawberry picking
- Local Wineries
- Local Breweries
- Clam cakes and chowder
- Picking blueberries
- Seafood festivals (like in Charlestown in August)
- Clam shacks
- Steamed lobsters
- Ice Cream at an outdoor creamery
- Food Truck Events
- Steamers (or a clambake from my friends at Daily Catch Seafood in Smithfield)
- Cold beers on a hot day in the yard!
Thanks again to Gail for the great ideas!
photo: Getty Images