On Thursday (11/11) we observe Veterans' Day. In generations past, the occasion was known as Armistice Day, meant to commemorate the end of WWI, "The War to End All Wars." Over time, it became a day to honor the sacrifices of ALL men and women who have served in uniform. I hope you will take a moment this week to thank a veteran or visit the grave of someone who served our armed forces.
Around Rhode Island, there are observances of Veterans' Day, Including:
- Burrillville - 11am at Veterans' Park in Pascoag
- Cranston - Park View Middle School Veterans' Day 5K - Ceremonies start at 8:30am
- Exeter - Veterans' Memorial Cemetery - 8:30am
- North Kingstown - Wreath laying - Veterans' Memorial Park - 9am
- South Kingstown - Veterans' Day Parade 10am
For a full list and details, check out the Providence Journal which published a nice article on Wednesday.
photo: Getty Images Source: Providence Journal