Anybody who’s been a mom will tell you it isn’t easy and it can be difficult to deal with all their responsibilities. In fact, a new survey finds that many feel they need help just to get everything done.
The poll finds:
- 34% of moms admit feeling stressed or overwhelmed at least five days a week.
- But their family may not know it because 73% of moms say they hide how they're really feeling from their families.
- Top reasons why moms are keeping such feelings to themselves include:
- They don’t think they’ll get the support they need (54%)
- Fear of feeling like a failure (46%)
- Moms may feel overwhelmed because the majority say they take on more responsibility than they can handle.
- 80% say they just do everything themselves to make sure everything gets done in a timely manner.
- Moms are so busy that 88% say they’d love the opportunity to clone themselves.
- The average mom says they’d actually need four clones to complete all their tasks.
- As for the responsibilities moms would want their close to handle, they include:
- Housekeeper (56%)
- Laundry service (51%)
- Chef (41%)
- Nanny/babysitter (38%)
- Personal assistant (36%)
- Personal shopper (34%)
- Tutor/homework helper (31%)
- Handywoman (30%)
- Chauffeur (28%)
- Doctor/nurse (26%)