I'm not gonna lie i may have freaked out a little bit when I heard the news!
The world asked for more Friends, so now we're getting it...just not in the way we all expected. After begging and begging the cast of the beloved sitcom to come together for a Netflix revival a la Gilmore Girls, it's been announced that a Friends musical is coming to New York City. No, unfortunately, it won't star any of the original cast. It does, however, include a list of songs that point towards it being hilarious AF. Check out the titles below:
- “The Only Coffee Shop in New York City”
- “45 Grove Street – How Can We Afford This Place?”
- “How you Doing, Ladies?”
- “Hey Ugly Naked Guy Who Lives Across the Street!”
- “We were on a Break!”
- “I’m Gonna Hump U”
- “Oh. My. God. It’s Janice!”
- “Will They or Wont They”
- “The Ballad of Fat Monica”
- “Could I BE Anymore…..in Love with Monica”
- “The One Where We Make a Million Dollars An Episode”
- “We’ll Always Be There For You”
The new musical was written by Bob and Tobly McSmith, who are known for their pop culture parody musicals. They've brought shows like 90210! The Musical! and Katdashians! The Musical! to off Broadway theaters in the past. Critics are expecting their take on the iconic 90s sitcom Friends to be just as snarky, witty, and overall enjoyable as their previous endeavors.
Tickets for “Friends! The Musical!” will be available in June and the show will open this upcoming fall at the Triad Theater in New York. Everybody bring some coffee.