The Rhode Island State Fire Marshal's office is releasing its findings on the Harborside Inn fire that happened last month on Block Island.
The fire marshal has not determined the exact cause, but we have learned that the fire suppression system in the kitchen failed to activate, and that the system was wrongly marked as "compliant."
Officials say this might represent gross malpractice.
The RI Fire Marshal added there was a large build-up of grease in the kitchen which probably helped to accelerate the August 18th blaze.
All of the guests were able to get out safely.
(Photo by Dean Purcell/Getty Images)