Vinyl sales have been steadily increasing, and in 2019, there was no bigger vinyl than The Beatles’“Abbey Road.”
According to Nielsen Music/MRC Data, 246,000 copies of the “Abbey Road” vinyl were sold last year, which puts the album at the top of the Best Selling Vinyl Albums of 2019. Queen actually have two vinyl albums in the Top Ten, their “Greatest Hits” album, which lands in third with 139,000 copies and the “Bohemian Rhapsody” soundtrack, which comes in five, with 108,000 copies.
Other artists making the Top Ten include the Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Michael Jackson and Fleetwood Mac. The only contemporary artist making the Top Ten is Billie Eilish, whose “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go” is at two with 176,000 copies sold.
- “Abbey Road” - The Beatles
- “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? - Billie Eilish
- “Greatest Hits” - Queen
- Soundtrack, “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1”
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” (Soundtrack) - Queen
- “Sounds of Summer: The Very Best Of…” - Beach Boys
- “The Dark Side of the Moon” - Pink Floyd
- “Thriller” - Michael Jackson
- “Legend: The Best Of…” - Bob Marley and The Wailers
- “Rumours” - Fleetwood Mac
photo: Getty Images