Considering a lot of people are on edge these days thanks to the coronavirus, pulling an elaborate April Fools’ Day prank seems just mean, and in some cases, probably impossible. In fact, Before I go any further, let me say this disclaimer: when in doubt, DON'T PRANK. Your antics during stressful times may not be appreciated. But...if you have someone who would appreciate a good trick, read on.
Mashable has come up with some harmless pranks you can pull on unsuspecting friends and family, and they just may brighten your self-isolating day.
Harmless pranks include (click herefor more ideas):
- Sign them up for a weird mailing list– There are all sorts of odd lists out there that could make for a good prank, with Mashable suggesting one, The Ferret Association of Connecticut, which actually publishes three newsletters a year.
- Text a typing dots GIF -Sending them a GIF of typing dots will make keep the perpetually waiting for your message.
- Use texting auto-replace tool -You can actually set up their phone to replace a word with anything you choose. You can find it in Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.
- Plastic wrap a shampoo bottle –Unscrew the top of the bottle and cover with plastic wrap, making the wonder why they can’t get a drop of shampoo out of that full bottle.
- Replace photos- How about swapping out family photos around the house with random strangers or celebrities.
- Eat pudding like it’s mayo– Put vanilla pudding in your mayo jar and eat it by the spoonful (although who wants to waste all that mayo).
- Tape the TV remote sensor –Frustrate your favorite TV watcher by covering the remote sensor with tape so they can’t change the channel no matter how hard they try.
photo credit: my kitchen calendar