Saturday Night Live” looked a little different this weekend. After some time off, “SNL” returned with new original material for a remotely-produced episode dubbed “Saturday Night Live At Home.”
Tom Hanks served as the host for the episode, opening up about his and Rita Wilson’sbattle with coronavirus... which he joked made him “more like “America’s dad than ever before” since “no one wants to be around [him] very long.” The show kicked off with the whole cast checking in on the app Zoom, with Kate McKinnon quipping that they were live “sometime between March and August.”
Coldplay's Chris Martin was on musical duties, performing a rendition of Bob Dylan’s1975 song “Shelter From The Storm” from his home studio.Here are some more highlights:
- Kate McKinnon stepped back into her impression of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg,inspiring folks at home to get moving with RBG’s at-home workout routine.
- Larry David reprised his role of Bernie Sanders.
- Fred Armisen checked in to help Beck Bennett and Kyle Mooney come up with a sketch.
- Alec Baldwin called into “Weekend Update” as Donald Trump.
- Former cast members included Armisen,Adam Sandler, Bill Hader, Tina Fey and Maya Rudolph sent in messages as part of the show’s tribute to music producer Hal Willner.
- Pete Davidson delivered two music videos filmed in his mom’s basement, where he lives.
Check out some clips below, courtesy of YouTube.