Now that school has started, teachers are being reunited with their students for the first time in months. When you get kids in a class together some will often share a bit too much about themselves, and now some teachers are spilling the beans.
Well, one Reddit user recently asked teachers to share the weirdest “fun fact” a student ever shared with a class, and many are really bizarre.
- "One of my middle-schoolers' fun facts was that his mom and dad have the same parents. When I asked him to clarify, he said, 'I only have one set of grandparents because my parents have the same parents.' "I felt so much better when the mom called me to explain that her elderly stepfather had married her husband's elderly mother."
- "A student once told my wife that her daddy had a special device that he had to blow into to start his truck."
- "A kid in my kindergarten class shared, 'My peepee fell off at Disneyland!' I didn't ask any follow-up questions."
- "I'm a coach, and I asked my 12-year-olds to share something that had changed about themselves over the past year. One boy stood up and simply said, 'Pubes.'"
- "One of my students' fun fact was that they've had their hand up a sheep's bum. Then they explained they were in a farming family, helping with lambing season."
- "I am raising cockroaches in my closet to sell to the reptile shop."
- "One of my college freshmen's fun fact was that she's a public pooper." ( I have no idea what that means, and I DON'T want to know.)
- "One of my students' fun fact was that he'd been to juvie multiple times and was currently on probation. Then he pulled up his pants so everyone could see his ankle monitor!"
- "A kid told our class his name was 'Brent5on, but the five is silent.'"
- "One of my elementary school kids said that he was born a dragon and became a human as he got older."
photo: Getty Images