When parking your car on the street there’s always a little worry that someone may try to steal it, and if you own certain vehicles you have a particularly good reason to be concerned.
- National Insurance Crime Bureau just released their annual "Hot Wheels" reports, identifying the ten most stolen vehicles in the country, so you may want to beware if you own them.
- Overall, Ford Full-Size Pick-Ups tops the list of the most stolen vehicle last year.
- According to the “Hot Wheels” report, 38,938 Ford Pick-Up (Full Size) were stolen last year, with the 2006 the most stolen model.
Top Ten Most Stolen Vehicles Last Year
- Ford Pick-Up (Full Size) (38,938)
- Honda Civic (33,220)
- Chevrolet Pick-Up (Full Size) (32,583)
- Honda Accord (30,745)
- Toyota Camry (15,656)
- Nissan Altima (13,355)
- Toyota Corolla (12,137)
- Dodge Pick-Up (Full Size) (11,292)
- GMC Pick-Up (Full Size) (11,164)
- Honda CR-V (10,094)
- When it comes model years of cars stolen, the Honda Civic 2000 had the overall most thefts, with 4,731.
- Last year the model years stolen the most include 2018 (47,859 thefts), 2019 models (45,188 thefts), and 2017 models (39,425 thefts).
Top Ten Model, Makes & Years Stolen
- 2000 Honda Civic (4,731)
- 1997 Honda Accord (3,563)
- 2006 Ford Pick-Up (Full Size) (3,061)
- 2004 Chevrolet Pick-Up (Full Size) (2,099)
- 2019 Ram Pick-Up (Full Size) (1,547)
- 2001 Honda CRV (1,394)
- 2015 Nissan Altima (1,349)
- 2001 Dodge Pick-Up (Full Size) (1,174)
- 2019 Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee (1,110)
- 2018 GMC Pick-Up (Full Size) (1,101)
photo: Getty Images