It’s no secret that Americans love food, but what food they love is another story. There’s certainly a variety of types of food to choose from, but a new poll reveals the most popular food in America.
- A recent survey by YouGov set out to discover what is America’s most popular food from a list of mostly American dishes.
- Of the 20 choices, Mashed Potatoes topped the list, with 84% of Americans picking it as their favorite.
- That was followed by French Fries and Hamburgers.
- When it comes to women, their favorite food is French Fries (86%), while men’s favorite is Hamburgers (86%).
WHAT? How can Pizza be completely absent from the Top 10? Seems suspicious. I'm wondering if this survey was paid for by Big Potato!
- Top 10 Most Popular Foods In America
- (click herefor the complete list)
- Mashed Potatoes
- French Fries
- Grilled Cheese
- Fried Chicken
- Cheese Burger
- Steak and Baked Potatoes
- Hash Browns
- Corn on the Cob
- Apple Pie
photo: Getty Images