Rhode Island will relax its current capacity restrictions for all businesses and for social gatherings, starting on May 7th. Restrictions will further be relaxed on May 28th. In his weekly COVID-19 briefing, Governor Dan McKee said that those dates will allow Rhode Islanders to celebrate the Mother’s Day and Memorial Day holidays with friends and family. Below is a summary of the new restrictions. Full details will be posted here: https://reopeningri.com/
Starting Saturday, May 7th
- Masks still required indoors. Masks recommended but not required outdoors.
- All businesses, including restaurants, gyms, house of worship – 80% capacity indoors. 100% capacity outdoors. 3 feet of spacing indoors and outdoors
- Venues of assembly - Max. of 500 indoors. State and local approval required for outdoor events of 2500+
- Restaurant party sizes – no restrictions
- Catered events - 200 indoors. 500 outdoors. No testing requirements, except for student events like proms.
- Social Gatherings - 25 people indoors, 75 outdoors
Starting Saturday May 28th
-All capacity limits lifted. 3 feet spacing still required. Masks still required indoors.
-Venues of assembly - No capacity restrictions, but state and local approval required for INDOOR events of 2500+
photo: Getty Images