Everyone has that drink they love when out for a night on the town, but you may not realize that ordering that favorite beverage may not exactly make your local bartender very happy.
Whether it’s hard to make, or just plain annoying, bartenders definitely have drinks they hate making, and now some are fessing up. The confessions came after someone on Reddit posed the question, “Bartenders of Reddit — what is the one drink you despise serving above all others?"
Bartenders’ most hated drinks include:
- "Mojitos. Fantastic drink, and I love making them for myself and friends, but I'm too much of a perfectionist to have to make them en masse."
- "The, 'Umm... I want something fruity that's strong, but I don't want to be able to taste the alcohol.' Ok, enjoy your Malibu and pineapple."
- "Anything blended. It's like an STD in a high school, one person gets one and then everybody else follows."
- "Layered shots. At 1 a.m. on a Friday night when we're three deep at the bar. Any other time, I don't mind."
- "Also, anything that I have to look up. I have very extensive drink knowledge, and when someone spouts off something like a 'ginger toasted Mojave twister,' all respect is lost."
- "My most hated and despised drink in existence: a vodka martini. Most people who order them don't even like them."
- "When someone gives a very long list of alcohol and exact measurements to their personal drink. No one working a busy bar has time to make this thing your way."
- "Jäegerbombs. Not because of the drink, because of the people who drink them."
- "Where I work, we have a 'skinny rita' that calls for 2 fresh limes to be cut in half and then manually juiced into the mixer, as opposed to simply using sweet and sour. It's a great drink but when I'm slammed with a full cocktail section and bar, it's the last thing I have time for."
- "Long Island iced tea."
PHOTO: Getty Images