The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk returns as an in-person event this Sunday 10/17. Please join me along with my walk co-host, Gina Marini from Eyewitness News, WPRI-12, as we help get the walk started at 9am on Sunday morning. Click here to register and for more info
Put on your best Strides and pink gear and join us as we kick off Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Providence. Come see us beginning at 7:30am and join us for a quick stage presentation at 8:45am and the walk beginning at 9am.
We might have to do a few things differently this year around our event program, but don't worry we'll have plenty of amazing music to bring the Strides energy and excitement at the Bank Newport Skate Center!!
The event will be held at the Bank Newport Skate Center, 2 Kennedy Plaza, Providence, RI. Don't worry the walk will be held rain or shine!
Parking and Transportation
- Public transportation is the recommended form of transportation. We are in walking distance of the Providence Place Mall. Here is alinkto the Bank Newport Skate center for parking and walking directions to our event.
We cannot wait to see our registered participants in person but first we have a few guidelines in place to keep everyone safe! Making Strides might look different this year but our passion and commitment to fight cancer is unchanged. The health and safety of all our guests and participants is our number one goal.
- Please see below for important details which will continue to be updated based on our unique needs and review the COVID-19 Waiver.
- If you are feeling sick or have been recently exposed to someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19, you should stay home.
- People who have underlying health conditions or taking medications that weaken the immune system, should talk to their healthcare provider before attending large gatherings.
- Please know that the state is suggesting the use of masks at the walk. Hand sanitizer and masks will be available day of.
We appreciate your understanding and if you are unable to attend, we hope you will continue to support our mission bydonating.