Here's the second installment of my look back at 2021, the year in entertainment:
- “Real Housewives of Salt Lake City” star Jen Shah was arrested on federal fraud charges in connection to a nationwide telemarketing scam.
- Chet Hanks declared that White Boy Summer was coming – and immediately got backlash for it.
- Sharon Osbourne got booted from “The Talk” after defending her friend, Piers Morgan. She was accused of making racist and homophobic remarks about her co-hosts.
- Armie Hammer was investigated by the Los Angeles Police Department for alleged sexual assault.
- Beloved children’s author Beverly Cleary died, as did Jessica Walter of “Arrested Development” fame, and George Segal of “The Goldbergs”
- “Mank” picked up the lion’s share of Oscar nominations with ten, including nods for best picture, director for David Fincher, lead actor for Gary Oldman, and supporting actress for Amanda Seyfried.
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez called it quits after four years.
- The Golden Globes featured two hosts – Amy Poehler and Tina Fey – in two different cities. Winners included Daniel Kaluuya, and the late Chadwick Boseman. His wife gave a tearful acceptance speech.
- Kanye West finally responded to Kim Kardashian’s divorce petition. He basically wanted the same terms she did – joint custody of their four kids, no spousal support, and enforcement of their prenup.
- “Real Housewives of Salt Lake City’s” Jen Shah’s hearing had technical difficulties after over 250 people called in to listen.
- It was announced that Regé-Jean Page would NOT appear in the next season of “Bridgerton.” It was still renewed for two more seasons.
- Chadwick Boseman was honored at the SAG Awards.
- Khloe Kardashian shows unedited version of her body in response to an unauthorized photo release.
- “The Talk” returns after Sharon Osbourne’s exit with an episode about race featuring Sheryl Underwood.
- Nick Cannon announces that he’s expecting twin boys.
- Will Smith pulls his “Emancipation” production out of Georgia over the restrictive voting laws.
- Former “Bachelor” Colton Underwood announces that he’s gay.
- Lizzo and Chris Evans have a twitter exchange after she shares her drunken DMs on TikTok.
- It was all about “WandaVision” and “Emily in Paris” when the MTV Movie & TV Award nominations came out. Leslie Jones was announced as the host.
- “Nomadland” won Best Picture at the Oscars – and Chadwick Boseman did NOT win Best Actor.
- Willow Smith came out as polyamorous
photo: Getty Images