While there are a lot of people who take pride in being able to cook a good meal for themselves, there are plenty of people out there who are simply useless in the kitchen, and a new report reveals just how bad it is for some.
A new survey finds:
- 56% of Americans admit they struggle to make even the simplest dishes at home.
- 83% of those who mess up simple dishes say it makes them feel like a failure.
- The easy dish that seems to be difficult for folks to make is pancakes, with 38% saying it’s the hardest “easy” dish to make.
- Other easy dishes that folks find hard to make include:
- Eggs (36%)
- Pasta (35%)
- Mac and cheese (33%)
- Soup (31%)
- Sweet potatoes (30%)
- Mashed potatoes (30%)
- Rice (27%)
- Grilled chicken (21%)
- Fish (19%)
- The average person says they’ll attempt to make a dish four times before either getting it right, or giving up.
- Half of respondents have messed up an easy dish so often they don’t think they’ll ever be able to get it right.
- So, what are some of the biggest “sins” folks say you shouldn’t commit in a kitchen? They include:
- Burning a dish (28%)
- Undercooking a dish (17%)
- Using the wrong ingredients (16%)
- Overcooking (14%).
- Over seasoning (7%)
photo: Getty Images