Here's another category where Rhody comes up as one of the WORST... We are the second worst state to drive in. As if you didn't already know that, right?
WalletHub just came out with their list of the best and worst states to drive in:
- They judged the 50 states across 31 key indicators of a positive commute.
- Those factors include things like average gas prices, share of rush-hour traffic congestion, road quality and more.
- With all that in mind, the overall best state for driving is Iowa, which scores a 62.4 out of 100.
- Iowa earns its highest marks for cost of ownership (5) and traffic and infrastructure (7).
- When it comes to traffic and infrastructure, North Dakota tops the list, while Connecticut ranks highest for safety, Tennessee is tops for cost of ownership & maintenance and California is tops for access to vehicles and maintenance.
- As for the worst driving state, that would be Hawaii, which scores just 41.02, coming in second to last for cost of ownership and maintenance, and in the bottom ten for traffic and infrastructure.
Ten Worst States to Drive In
- Rhode Island
Top Ten Best States to Drive In
- North Carolina
photo: Getty Images