As we all know, Tom Brady's success into his mid-40s isn't just good genes or luck. He is extremely dedicated to his heath regimen and has strict rules when it comes to his diet and conditioning. TB12 believes in sleeping eight hours a night and keeping a positive mindset go along with the five eating habits that he personally swears by.
- Drink half your weight in ounces of water – Staying hydrated is a big deal and as soon as Brady wakes up he drinks 20-ounces of water with electrolytes. It may sound like a large amount, but are you gonna argue with his results?
- Make your diet 80% vegetables – Brady still eats meat, but in smaller quantities and says his diet is all about balance. Vegetables, whole grains and small portions of protein like lean meat or fish are his recommendations.
- Eat essential fatty acids – Healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids are known to help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, lower blood pressure, reduce artery plaque and increase “good” cholesterol. His sources of these include eating fish, snacking on nuts and using chia seeds in his protein smoothies.
- Skip the added sugar and refined carbs – Brady and his team limit processed foods and goes for foods that were “grown, not manufactured.” He also tries to incorporate more whole, plant-based foods into your diet.
- Consume protein throughout the day – Brady starts with a high-protein breakfast and has several protein shakes throughout the day. Regular folks don’t necessarily need to go the shake route, but Greek yogurt, nuts or almond butter are all good protein sources for snacks.
You could have a worse role model for nutrition, so you may want to implement some of these ideas into your diet.
photo: Getty Images Source: EatThis,NotThat!