When it comes to marriage advice, I usually stay away from it. What works for me may not work for you. But, the one thing I know is that marriage is a partnership, and if you embrace it that way, you're in good shape.
Well, now people are sharing some of the best things they’ve heard about marriage, after someone on Reddit posed the question, “What is the phrase you agree with most about marriage?” Some of these responses are right on, so I figured I'd share them...
- “To paraphrase, if you both care about the other’s happiness at least as much as your own, you’re golden.”
- “When you’re fighting, it’s not you against them. It’s both of you fighting together to fix the problem.”
- “My sister told me once that marriage will ebb and flow. It's just about the only good advice she's ever given me.”
- “Don't keep score, be quick to forgive and always try to work out problems when you're calm.”
- "Marriage isn't a 50/50 proposition. It takes both of you giving 100%."
- “Sometimes it's 90/10, sometimes 10/90. Gotta be there for your partner when they are at a 10 and trust that they'll put in the 90 for you when you are at your 10.”
- “Successful marriages are often made of two good forgivers.”
- “'The two biggest causes of arguments in a relationship are kids and money.' One of my last memories from my dad, very thankful for the advice.”
- “Never go to bed angry and also both people need to be happy. Don't do the whole Happy Wife, Happy Life crap.”
- “Marriage never dies - it's killed when you stop fighting.”
- “Love evolves and looks different over time. That's normal.”
- “50% of marriages end in divorce but if you think that's bad, the others end in death!”
photo: Getty Images Source: Reddit