While there are plenty of people who love holiday gatherings, there are many others who hate them. But there is one thing that can make them more bearable – booze. Unfortunately, that can also lead to some real holiday disasters.
A new survey conducted on behalf of Ritual Zero Proof finds:
- 60% percent of people dread holiday family gatherings, with almost 50% saying they usually end in tears.
- 48% of people admit they drink more at family holiday gatherings than any other social events.
- 58% say their family drinks to much at holiday events.
- 63% say there’s always one family member who takes things too far because of their drinking.
- One-third say it’s usually their uncle that drinks too much and does something outrageous.
- 54% say there’s always someone who winds up having to apologize for something they don’t remember saying or doing.
- Another 54% say a drunk family member has done or said something that changed the family dynamic.
- As for the alcoholic beverages likely to take folks over the edge at holiday parties, respondents say they are:
- Whiskey (43%)
- Beer (43%)
- Wine (40%)
- Tequila (37%)
ONE MORE THING! It isn’t just family holiday parties where booze gets folks in trouble. In fact, 70% of people think too much booze is served at office holiday parties. So much so that 56% of people say they've felt worried about getting fired after an office holiday party.
Source:SWNS Digital Photo: Getty Images