There’s a certain wisdom that comes with age and if we’re lucky, our elders share it with us. According to a new survey of 2-thousand U.S. adults 65 and older, 25% believe their life advice would go viral on social media, and they would know since 63% use these platforms every day.
Another 41% think their insights are worthy of being in a book, with their top tips including “be a good person, even when it’s difficult,” “don’t spend money beyond your means,” “learn from the mistakes of others,” and “stay true to yourself.”
The poll also finds:
- Nearly three-quarters (73%) of seniors think it’s never too late in life to find your true love, and 26% have even tried a dating app.
- The top three things that make older Americans happy are family (71%), friends (49%) and good weather (26%).
- The average age that brought them the most joy in their life is 57.
- To help reconnect with their younger selves, they spend time exercising (45%), listening to music from their youth (44%) and just smiling (42%).
- Their favorite musical artists they still listen to are The Beatles (47%), The Beach Boys (45%) and The Rolling Stones (38%).
- More than a quarter (26%) say the 1970s were the best decade for entertainment, and 66% would even wear fashion trends of that era again, including bell bottoms (27%), tie-dye (21%) and platform shoes (10%).
- The majority (86%) would go back in time if they could and most would do so to make better decisions (57%), spend more time with loved ones (46%) and relive their happiest moments (31%).
photo: Getty Images Source: SWNS Digital