Ornamental Crystal Ball Starts Fire in Wisconsin Home

Crystal balls are normally used to see into the future but I doubt the owners saw this coming!

Building on fire

The Delton Fire Department in Wisconsin shared the disasterious photos of a home in ruin to Facebook after a decorative crystal ball caused a house fire.

According to the Delton Fire Department's Facebook post, the owner came home to discover their house was on fire. An investigation determined the fire started on a couch in the living room.

“The cause of the fire was determined to be from a glass ‘crystal ball’ ornament,” Delton Fire Department said in the post. “The crystal ball had been located on a table near the couch and in direct sunlight. When sunshine came through a large set of windows and through the glass ball, it ignited the couch.”

The first department shared the photos of the chard house as a reminder to keep items like “crystals, mirrors, glass ornaments and even bottles” out of direct sunlight and away from flammable things.

While there were no injuries in this instance it might be worth taking a look around your house to make sure nothing like the above are near windows. Just to be safe.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content