Looks like Johnston's wild life is getting a little more wild!
Oh man well this must be a surprise for many Johnston residents!
A black bear was spotted strolling in Johnston around Hopkins Avenue the other day prompting police officials to warn residents to be on the look out! In a statement to WPRI 12 police recommended so tips to help keep bears away from your backyard:
- Remove bird feeders from your yard
- Keep garbage secured or stored inside a shed or garage until trash-pickup morning
- Keep fruit and meat out of compost piles
- Clean grills immediately after use to minimize attractive odor
- Don’t leave pet food outside overnight
- Never feed bears
Sounds pretty simple right? I thought so too. Anyways if you want to read more on the story and check out the pics the full article is below!
Photo Credit: Getty Images