It may be a rainy Monday but at least it's National Taco Day!
SO in honor of the holiday I figured I would share with you a couple recipes. One for my go to taco and the other...well for a Margarita! Because let's face it they go together just like peanut butter and jelly!
Marinated Steak Taco
- 1cuporange juice
- 2clovesgarlic, peeled
- 2chipotle peppers plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from the can
- 1/2cupcilantro leaves and stems(or a large fistful)
- 1teaspoonkosher salt
For the Tacos:
- 1 1/2poundsflat iron steak
- Chopped onion
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped tomato
- Poke holes in the steak with a large knife, taking care to make the holes with the grain. Add the steak to a gallon size freezer bag.
- Add the orange juice, garlic cloves, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, cilantro, cumin, cinnamon and kosher salt into a blender. Puree until smooth then pour into the freezer bag with the steak, seal and refrigerate for 1 hour up to overnight.
- Let the steak come to room temperature before grilling, about 20 minutes. Oil grates with grapeseed oil and preheat it on high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and grill the meat for 10 minutes on each side or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Allow the steak to rest on a platter, covered with foil, for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Warm the tortillas over a gas flame or on the grill. Assemble the tacos with sliced avocado, chopped onion, tomatoes, cilantro, queso fresco, and a squeeze of grilled limes or sliced jalapeño if you like.
Photo Credit: Getty images