It’s grilling season again! Who doesn’t love a barbecue with lots of grilled meats and veggies? But grilling isn’t always as easy as it looks. Often the food is over cooked or under cooked. How do you know if the meat is cooked properly without cutting into it? How do you keep food from sticking to the grill? How can you make a boring burger more exciting? You can be a Grill Master! Maybe you just need a little advice. Donn Paul has lots of summer grilling tips, tricks and recipes. Listen to Kristin’s interview with Don below. He has some fun recipes for us to try this Summer using pork rinds!
Here are some recipes:
Pork Rind Jalapeño Poppers
● 4 oz. of your favorite Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds, finely crushed
● 10 Jalapeño Peppers, stems removed
● 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
● 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat BBQ or oven 400 degrees F.
2. Slice one side of each jalapeño pepper lengthwise and remove seeds with a spoon.
3. In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese and shredded cheese together. Fill each pepper half with the cream cheese filling.
4. Pour the crushed pork rinds onto a plate. Take each filled pepper, turn upside down and press the pepper into the pork rinds.
5. Place the peppers on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Pork Rind Burgers
● 1 ½ pounds ground beef
● ½ cup Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds
● 1 large egg
● 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
● ½ tsp salt
● ½ tsp pepper
1. In a large bowl, mix beef with pork rinds, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
2. Divide into 4, form into patties and grill.
3. Serve with your signature sauce and enjoy!