The holiday season is a big time for couples to get engaged, and if you’re someone planning a big grand gesture to pop the question in the next few weeks you may want to listen up.
A new survey of 300 women by The Knot and De Beers Group finds that-
- Most women want their proposal to be personal and unique.
- They are not necessarily as down with grand gestures and big public displays.
- In fact, the ideal proposal consists of:
- One person proposing to the other (98%)
- One that’s planned ahead of time (66%)
- And in a private place (66%)
And when it comes to the ring, you may want to think twice about surprising your future bride:
- 96% of pre-engaged women say they want some involvement in selecting the ring.
- Three-fourths of those women have had some thoughts about their engagement ring.
- The majority of women still pick diamonds as their first choice, although more are concerned with the shape, setting and style rather than the size.
- 76% of women expect their partner to pay for the diamond, although 20% expect both parties to contribute to the cost.