While some people dream of the day they find their perfect match and finally walk down the aisle and get married, once they get hitched some miss what they had when they were single and on their own. Some folks are sharing exactly what they miss.
It all started when someone on Reddit posed the question, “Married people of Reddit, what do you miss about being single?,” and folks definitely had some thoughts.
- “Things being where I left them.”
- “Not having to consider anyone else when making a decision.”
- “Not having to justify myself to another adult if I'm getting takeout 2 days in a row.”
- “Not having to share my leftovers. When I was single I could treat myself to Chinese food and the leftovers were mine. Now I have to be considerate and share, it's terrible LOL.”
- “Ahh, cleaning the way I want. I have a thing about liking to clean when no one else is around, just because how I do it takes time and has a weird system to it.”
- “Just being alone and being able to do whatever I want.”
- “Sleeping in the middle of the bed like a starfish. Also eating in bed and having 5 pillows to myself.”
- “Quietness………. Except for tv, music of video games it was so quiet in my house . Now a wife and 3 little girls it’s a mad house. Sometimes when it’s just me and the dog I look over and apologize to him.”
- “I could go without all the rank-a** farts.”
- “The excitement of first dating someone you like.”
- “Controlling the remote at all times. Watching ANYTHING without constant streaming commentary.”
- “Traveling alone. I mean I could travel alone if I really wanted, but it would feel kinda mean to be like ‘hey I'm gonna plan a really big cool trip, and you're not invited!’”
- “Money. My money was my money to do whatever I wanted.”