We all know that most pet lovers treat their animals like family, and they’ll do just about anything to make sure they are eating well.
A new survey finds:
- Pet owners take their animals’ meals very seriously.
- 74% say they will read reviews before considering giving a product to their pets.
- 39% say they will actually taste the product first before feeding it to their animal.
- 56% have actually tried their pet’s food.
- Another 53% have tried their pet’s treats.
- 53% claim they tried their pet’s food out of curiosity.
- 29% admit they actually thought their pet’s food tasted good.
Of course it’s hard to always control what a pet puts in their mouth.
- The average pet owner says they catch their pet putting something in their mouth that they shouldn’t about four times a day.
- 39% say they’ve caught their pet rummaging through the trash.
- 61% are so worried about their pet eating something they shouldn’t they admit to losing sleep over it.