Even if you love your job, and let’s honest, a lot of people don’t, sometimes you just need a break or your mental health will decline, well it turns out, some people may need a lot of those breaks.
New survey finds:
- 70% of workers feel employers need to offer mental health days in addition to sick days.
- The average worker believes they need a week’s worth of mental health days to be productive at their job.
- The average employee admits they’ve taken four mental health days over the past year.
- 38% have taken more than that, with 72% planning on taking one before the year is over.
- 78% of workers say they would be more productive at work if they had mental health days and/or more access to affordable mental health services.
- 64% would be more willing to work for a company who offers such services.
So, what do people do with their mental health days in order to recuperate?
- 44% exercise to keep their energy up.
- 42% sleep in and relax to recharge.
- 43% watch TV to unwind.