Memorial Day weekend is just about here, and there’s a good bet a lot of folks will be attending at least one barbecue, with at least one or more people manning the grill. But while a lot of foods taste good on the grill, there are some that taste better than others.
According to a new survey:
- 60% of Millennial Americans rate their grilling abilities as either “good” or “excellent.”
- 69% of Millennials learned their grilling skills by watching their parents.
- The average person takes over grilling duties from their parents when they turn 16.
- 78% of Millennials now believe they have better grilling skills than their parents.
- But when it comes to what they are grilling, folks have definite opinions as to what foods are best cooked on a grill.
- The top grilling foods include:
- Burgers (45%)
- Chicken (43%)
- Hot dogs (43%)
- Steak (40%)
- Ribs (32%)
- Fish (29%)
- Veggies (28%)
- Shellfish (24%)
- Fruit (24%)
- Meat substitutes (e.g. tofu, tempeh, etc.) (22%)
- Plus !!! for some it appears the grill is good for more than just lunch and dinner. The poll finds that 53% of Millennials admit they’ve grilled their breakfast, while only 24% of Boomers say the same.