Gone (or at least,goin) are the big fancy weddings that cost thousands of dollars if a new poll is to be believed. Circular economy platform Gumtree took a poll and it turns out the economy and fighting climate change are making pre-loved items the trend.
Over 350,000 weddings are planned for this year alone and Gumtree’s Hannah Rouch says“I’d encourage anyone with an upcoming wedding to immerse themselves in second-hand sites as an easy way to find inspiration and some pre-loved alternatives.”
Here are some of the stats from their poll:
- 20-percent of soon-to-be brides plan to wear a second-hand gown
- 24-percent will rent gowns and suits
- 24-percent will use pre-loved centerpieces
- Pre-owned jewelry will be used by 16-percent
- 41-percent of bridesmaids and 52-percent of groomsmen will use second hand clothes
Other trends are ditching wedding planners, making their decorations, and having a friend be the photographer.