You know it’s important to eat your veggies for a healthy diet, and when it comes to vegetables, it seems most of America is in agreement as to the best one out there.
- Just in time for National Eat Your Vegetables Day, which is Friday, Green Giant polled 5,000 Americans about their love of vegetables.
- Broccoli was named the overwhelming favorite for yet another year, with corn coming in second and carrots in third.
- Overall, 29 states chose broccoli as their favorite, including California, Nevada, Oregon, Florida, New York and Texas.
- While Broccoli is still tops, corn seems to be rising in popularity, with 11 states choosing it as their favorite, up 37% from last year.
- And a lot of states have changed up their favorites from last year.
- In fact, 54% have a new favorite vegetable this year.
- One of those states is Iowa, that now agrees with the majority and loves broccoli, not corn, even though it's a state famous for corn.