A Michigan family is crediting their four-month-old kitten for saving their lives from a carbon monoxide leak. A storm caused the power to go out at Heidi and Ronald‘s Farmington Hills, Michigan, home and they used a portable generator in their garage to keep some appliances running. Somehow, the garage door was accidentally closed before the couple and their two children, 13-year-old Paige and Quinn, 11, went to sleep and carbon monoxide started filling their home.
While the family slept, their kitten, Thor (love that name!), started crying loudly and woke up Heidi. She could tell something was wrong with the kitten, so she took him outside. When the cat seemed better, she went back inside and soon the gas caused her to lose consciousness. Thor went back to crying loudly which woke up the children.
The kids managed to get their semi-conscious parents safely out of the house and called emergency services for help. Firefighters came to the home and took the family to a nearby hospital for treatment. Heidi and the children had to be flown to a larger hospital in Toledo for specialized care. The whole family fortunately survived the ordeal and they say they owe their lives to "Thor The Kitty"!