You want a good seat at AMC Theatres ? Probably going to cost extra. The largest theater chain in the U.S. has just announced plans to price movie tickets based on where you sit in the theater.
It’s kind of like concert ticket pricing, where the closer you are to the stage, the more you pay. But with AMC, the closer you are to the movie screen, the cheaper your ticket is. They’re calling the new tiered pricing Sightline at AMC .... here’s what we know so far:
- The new pricing is already in effect at select locations and will be in theaters nationwide by the end of the year.
- Sightline at AMC offers three tiers of seats:
- Standard Sightline - This includes the “most common” seats and they’ll be the “traditional cost of a ticket.”
- Value Sightline - These are seats in the front row, which will be “available at a lower price than Standard Sightline seats.”
- Preferred Sightline - These are typically in the middle of the theater and will be priced at “a slight premium to Standard Sightline seats.”
- Value Sightline seats are only available to AMC Stubs loyalty club members.
- The ticketing prices apply to all movies after 4p.m. at participating locations, except on Tuesdays, when AMC sells discounted tickets.
- AMC says theaters offering the Sightline pricing will provide a detailed seat map for people buying tickets online, on the AMC app and at the box office.
- One thing we don’t know yet? How much more the good seats will cost.