You might have noticed that nostalgia is having a moment or two. On TV, you can now watch “That ‘90s Show,” and in fashion, chokers and cargo pants are back in style. And fast food restaurants are getting in on the trend by bringing back some popular dropped menu items, in some cases because fans pleaded for their return.
Fast food favorites making a comeback this year:
- Taco Bell Volcano Menu - It’s only been back a couple of times since its 1990s debut, much to the disappointment of fans. Devoted customers have even created petitions begging for its return and launched a social media campaign for its re-release and Taco Bell listened. The chain has announced it will bring the menu back for a limited time, starting June 29th, with options including the Volcano Taco, Volcano Burrito and the beloved Lava Sauce, which can be added to any menu item. Unfortunately, it doesn’t include the Volcano Nachos, which is bound to disappoint some fans.
- KFC Double Down - It was a huge hit when it first came out in 2010, with more than 10-million sold. The bunless sandwich was back in 2014 and it’s now back again, at least temporarily, so get to KFC soon if you want to enjoy the Double Down.
- Pizza Hut The Big New Yorker - The 16-inch pie was only around for a few years when it came out at the end of the 20th Century, but fans loved it so much, they were still begging for it two decades later. They got their wish in February, when The Big New Yorker returned for a limited run.
- Burger King Stackers - This burger line, which includes the Double Stacker, Triple Stacker and the infamous Quad Stacker was introduced back in 2006 and made its return in January.
- Wendy’s Pretzel Bacon Pub Burger - Fans were thrilled when this burger was back on the menu in late 2022 and they’re even happier that it’s still there today.
- McDonald’s Bagel Sandwiches - These debuted in 1999, but were dropped from Mickey D’s menus in 2020. Fortunately for those who love them, the sandwiches returned to many markets in late 2022, but they’re not nationwide … yet.
Source-Eat This, Not That