The Tony Award winning musical “SIX” is coming to the Providence Performing Arts Center for almost two weeks, from April 11th through the 23rd! From Tudor Queens to Pop Icons, the SIX wives of Henry VIII tell their stories and sing their hearts out in this fun new show.
The show is an hour and a half long with no intermission and is more like a concert of pop divas. Each of the Queens has a unique sound inspired by different pop stars.
- Catherine of Aragon: is modelled after Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, and Jennifer Hudson
- Anne Boleyn: includes elements of Miley Cyrus, Avril Lavigne, and Lily Allen
- Jane Seymour: features the sound of Adele, Sia, and Celine Dion.
- Anna of Cleves: includes elements of Nicki Minaj and Rihanna.
- Katherine Howard: is a mix of young, sexy pop stars including Britney Spears and Ariana Grande.
- Catherine Parr: inspired by Alicia Keys and Emeli Sandé.
Sydney Parra stars as Catherine Parr, Henry the VIII’s sixth wife, who outlived him. They married in 1543. Henry VIII died in 1547. In the show, she is the one who “survived.” She tells us all about the show and her character in the interview below!