Most of us are enjoying the middle of the summer, marketers are already looking to fall and all things pumpkin spice. It’s not even August yet, but “pumpkin creep” is coming (insert evil laugh here). The term refers to the way pumpkin spice products seem to show up earlier and earlier every year, way before the actual arrival of fall in late September.
While no one wants to be talking about autumn beers this time of year, they’ll be here soon, so here we are. Starting August 1st, two major beer brands, Dogfish Head and Samuel Adams, are releasing their seasonal brews for fall.
- Dogfish Head’s Pumpkin Ale, which is made with actual pumpkin, as well as pumpkin spice and brown sugar, comes out on August 1st.
- Samuel Adams is releasing three early pumpkin brews:
- Samuel Adams Jack-O - You probably guessed by the name, but this is also a pumpkin beer. It’s brewed with cinnamon and nutmeg, and has citrus flavors to balance it out.
- Samuel Adams OctoberFest - Like many Oktoberfest brews in the U.S., this one favors a style called Märzen and it has a bit of malty sweetness.
- Samuel Adams Beer Fest Variety Pack - Those two beers are included, along with two new beers that are exclusive to the variety pack: Hoppy Lager and Flannel Fest.