If food your love language...You're not alone... 64% of Americans say it is for them.Seems a lot of folks express their feelings with food, as 48% say they show their loved ones they care by regularly surprising them with their favorite foods.
- The most common reasons people have made or bought a meal for someone are to say “I love you” (53%), to console them (53%) and to thank them (51%).
- Two-thirds of parents (67%) bond with their child over a shared love of food.
- Nearly three-quarters (72%) say they’re usually honest about their partner’s cooking skills, but only 53% of those in a relationship rate their partner’s cooking skills as “excellent” or “good.”
- Seven in 10 admit they’ve pretended to enjoy a food or a meal they didn’t like so they didn’t hurt someone’s feelings.
- The most impressive dishes to make from scratch are pizza (19%), meatballs (14%), homemade ice cream (14%) and cupcakes (13%).
- Respondents say forgetting someone’s favorite meal is a bigger deal breaker than forgetting their favorite TV show or movie (32% compared to 27%).
The most romantic foods to share with a partner or date:
- Cookies - 48%
- Ice cream or milkshake - 47%
- Pizza - 46%
- Cake - 46%
- French fries - 40%
- Wine and cheese - 39%
- Cheese sticks - 37%
- Sushi - 37%
- Taco/burrito - 28%
- Oysters - 24%
- Tapas - 19%
- Pasta - 18%